The City of Ennis actively encourages and incentivizes facade improvement in the downtown district. Grants and funding are available to eligible applicants, and design assistance is also offered free of charge through the Main Street Board.
Program offers funding assistance to property owners who seek to improve the building facade. Grants are a dollar for dollar match with a $1,000 minimum and up to $7,500 maximum match. Certificate of Appropriateness is required prior to Grant approval.
Certificate of Appropriateness
All facade and exterior construction or reconstruction require a Certificate of Appropriateness.
- This requirement applies to all properties in the Downtown and Residential Historic Districts
- COAs are issued by the Historic Landmark Commission
- Contact Inspection Services for questions 972-875-6442
Facade Design Assistance
- Facade design assistance is available FREE through the Main Street Board
- Facade design request form (please download and fill out the form and send it to the MS Coordinator)
- Contact the Main Street Coordinator for assistance- Email Now